FURSUIT COMMISSIONS Terms of service
By commissioning me, you agree to the following:
- A Down Payment of 30% is required to reserve your spot in my work schedule.
- I do not order the materials until I have received 75% of your total.
- I do not ship out fursuits until I have 100% of the payments in. No exceptions.
- You may schedule payments with me of at least €500 per month. If you need to reschedule a payment please contact me as soon as possible so I can work with you on this. If you fail to make payments in excess of 3 months with no contact I will assume you no longer want the costume.
- Down-payments are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All fursuits are custom-built, and are not eligible for returns or exchanges.
- Buyer understands that fursuits can be hard to wear! They can be bulky, claustrophobic, hot, and have less visibility.
- I am not responsible for any injury you may incur while in your suit, including, but not limited to heat stroke, falls, panic due to claustrophobia.
- I have a cat that is often around me in the workshop while I am working on suits, while it is not allowed on the fabrics this does not mean that this never happens (cats will be cats).
- I do not recommend commissioning me if you have severe cat allergy.
- Buyer must provide accurate Ref Sheet to receive a quote.
- Buyer must provide accurate measurements for full and 3/4 suits.
- Failure to submit these by the time you’ve paid 75% of your total can extend your due date.
- Picking up head properly, not by ears, nose, horns, antlers ...
- Brushing regularly to avoid clumped or matted fur.
- Regular cleaning to avoid smells and bacterial/fungal growth (trust me, it can happen). washing instructions will be provided with every suit.
- Avoid getting eyes or mechanic parts (jaw hinges, battery packs ...) wet.
- Avoid mud, wine, and anything else known to leave a stain.
- Avoid direct exposure to sources of intense heat (heat gun, fire, dryer) as this may damage the fur.
Turn Around Time
- Turn around time depends heavily on how many others are in front of you in my current queue. A rough estimate of the start date will be given during the quote process along with an estimate of how long completion will take from the moment your commission is started.
- As I outsource some of my materials there may be a slight delay depending on how long it takes for those parts to be fabricated and sent to me.
- I am just 1 person working on all commissions on my own, while I will try my hardest to keep to the estimated dates I have given, life may sometimes get in the way of things or a certain part may have been more time consuming to make than I had anticipated. Please be understanding about this.
- I will not guarantee completion by a certain date. You may request a date to have your suit by, I will do my best to accommodate your wish, but I can not fully guarantee this and thus do not take set deadlines.
- Please keep in mind that fursuit making is not my job but a hobby. I have a full-time job and am only able to work on suits in my free time. As a result I am not able to build suits as fast as people who make them full-time or even part-time.
- I am happy to work with a client on making their suit compatible with whatever adult activities they have in mind.
- Please mention this right away so I can advise the best materials to fit your needs (some materials hold up considerably better with frequent washes than others or are more pleasant on bare skin)
- Adult add-ons will only be posted on my AD and will be edited so they can not be linked to a single suit to respect the privacy of the client unless the client states they are ok with it.
- You can always check the progress on your own costume and other costumes by joining my WIP chat or checking my trello (links will be provided when your deposit is paid)
- I will send WIPs to you personally as I am working on your suit.
- WIPs will ALWAYS be shared in my closed WIP chat so other commissioners know what I am working on.
- You can request your commission to be private and withheld from sharing on social media or other outlets for an additional fee. This is to cover the loss of advertising and marketing opportunities.
- If your suit arrives with any fitting issues that I am to be blamed for, or is defective in some way please contact me right away to arrange for an adjustment.
- Your fursuit has a 3 month warranty from date of arrival to you, the buyer. This covers repairs on rips, popped seams, sizing adjustments, and adhesion failure. If damage occurs please contact me immediately to arrange for the fix. Buyer pays shipping to seller, and seller pays shipping back to buyer. Warranty does not cover damage incurred from misuse, or rough-housing in suit. Nor does it cover sizing issues due to buyer taking incorrect measurements. Making adjustments to the suit yourself can void the warranty.
- After your 3 month warranty is up you may contact me anytime you need a repair. I'll assess the damage and charge accordingly based on estimated hours to fix problem. Buyer to pay shipping both ways.
- Bodysuits and feet require to be washed before sending them in for repairs or edits.
- Used adult suits need to be fully cleaned before sending in and will be worked on separately from other client work.
- Should you send in dirty fursuit parts for a repair or edits I have the right to charge an additional fee or refuse to work on them.
- Please expect your suit to go through normal wear and tear. If you take proper care of your fursuit it will last years. But, as with any article of clothing there will be a point of no return, and the life of your suit or suit component will be over.
- If you ever need replacement items please contact me, and I can quote you for individual items.
- Please be aware that I can make no guarantee on matching fabrics exactly years later as even the same color of fabric from the same manufacturer can vary slightly with each new dye lot they produce. I offer the option of buying extra fur for you to keep in stock for repairs or future items but I do not keep this myself.
- I send all finished suit parts with tracking and insurance. No exceptions.
- I am not responsible for any lost or damaged packages. Once the parcel is dropped off it is out of my hands.
- Please be aware that customers are responsible for all shipping charges and any customs charges they may incur.
For shipping outside of the EU:
- The country you live in reserves the right to charge a customs fee on any imported items. Customs charges can be as much as 1/3 the total cost of the item depending on the country. You may check with your country’s post for more specifics.
- I insure all my packages for the full value of the items when shipping. If I were to insure the package for a lower value so as to avoid high customs charges then your suit would not be covered from damage during transit or missing packages. This value is what is looked at when a shipping company gives damage refunds.